6/03/2011

Give The Blogger Some Spotlight - Rezon


What's your story?
Hi, Im Rezon (pronounced "reason") & I make music & sugar cookies. lol Serious note, Im a 17 year old Artist currently residing in Washington D.C., I've been making music for a few years now & i'm constantly progressing. I want to see the world, & i want the world to see me.

What's are your two biggest influences musically and just in general?
Rapping-wise i don't know if he's my biggest influence, but my favorite rapper is Jay-Z. He's all-around sick to me lol. Producing-wise my biggest influence is 9th Wonder. I just love his sound & how it progresses. Those are just some names, but, im also inspired by a good song. When someone puts out a good ass song, no matter who,
that shit is inspirational to me. lol just makes me want to work & do the same


If you had to describe yourself as a musician to someone how would you?
Artistry. I'm not your typical "Rapper" nor "Producer", im an Artist

Dream collaboration?
Anyone who wants to work with me basically. As long as they are good at what they do & constantly bring more to the table

If you had to do a project with just one producer who would it be?
9th ^_^ lol my favorite producer & i think he matches my "sound".

Earliest music memory the one that inspired you to become a musican?
Man... i remember when i saw HOV live. That shit was INSANITY. Just his presence was insane lol. This fool performed some songs that i cant even listen to now without feeling some type of way. I couldn't help but think "Damn i want that to be me." lol It was just an awesome show. I want to put on a show like that one day. Except better. O_O

What was the Difficult part about being a rapper where you're from and being your age it seems like theres a ton of rappers there but the only one we see on a major scale is wale?
It just means i have to work harder. As a young artist i tend to get overlooked because of my age, which is pretty annoying at times, but it just gives me more time to perfect my craft & grow into it.

What can we expect from The Rezon in 2011 and beyond?
Quality hip hop music.

Something no one would guess about you?
Ummm...i have had dreads since i was 6. I make some good ass pancakes lol

You're dropped off on a island and you can only take one pair of shoes (you dont have to own them) and two other things with you what do you take?
Well, since im on an island i wouldn't wear my kicks lol but maybe i'd find some OG Cement 4's on the island? Who knows? haha. I would bring 1) an airplane w/ licensed pilot so i can leave when i feel like it. 2) a case Vanilla Coke. lol

Where can we learn more about The Rezon?

0 whats buzzing?:

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More