4/13/2011

Jeremiah Jae

Unique. That instantly popped into my mind when I began to listen to Jeremiah Jae a couple months ago. I must have listened to $easons, his single for his latest release Rappayamatantra - EP, at least 40 times that night. I just couldn't get over this "breath of fresh air" in hip-hop that I had just stumbled on; I don't think I had been that excited for a new artist since first hearing Tyler, The Creator's Bastard/Earl Sweatshirt's EARL. I dropped everything else I was doing and quickly went around the Internet in search of everything else he's released. Hailing from Chicago, Illinois, Jeremiah is a rapper/producer on one of my favorite record labels, Brainfeeder (also currently the only rapper on the label). He's not the most "lyrical" rapper, but that's not his schtick, and his (original) style of beats/raps should be enough to keep you intrigued. He's very experimental like with his beats, for instance, they're all really "out there" and psychedelic. Be on the look-out for his upcoming album Raw Money Raps, which he apparently just turned in (should be coming soon). Below is the video for $easons and a few links to some of his material, so please take a listen.

"When I first heard Jae's Dxnce I laughed a little, because I felt like I had found one of the chosen." - Flying Lotus

0 whats buzzing?:

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More