5/23/2011

Give the Blogger Some Spotlight - CJ The Genesis


What's your story?
My name is CJ The Genesis. My guv'ment is Christian Jones, and I'm from the M in the DMV! I'm a rapper, producer, and I can sing when some women are around, or if I'm feeling my steelo heavy ha I like long walks on the beach, Naruto and other cool anime shiz, video games, and of course, that Arizona haha


What's are your two biggest influences musically and just in general?

Ok, so since you said music AND in general, I'll speak on the latter. Its hard to narrow it down to 2, but it would be basketball and video games. I used to ball heavy a while back before I seriously got into music, and you know like I know about the competitive nature of it. You know that feeling when you walk in a court, look around, and see a few people you KNOW are better than you and you wanna work as hard as you can to take them out? Yeah. That's how I feel w/ this music shit. I know my weaknesses, and I know my competition's as well, so I'll do whatever I can to strengthen my weaknesses to become the best. I'm actually in the court right now as I do this interview haha As far as video games, I like how the music plus the fun of it all left a mark on anyone anywhere. Like, it doesn't matter if you were a Sega kid or the kid in the arcade, we ALL knew the theme to Super Mario Bros. That kind of shit is powerful. I want to make anthems like that. Shit that'll make you remember me, or a time in your life, and just make you feel how I felt while making it.

If you had to describe yourself as a musician to someone how would you?

As a musician, I would describe myself as an artist who can make you feel a certain way when listening to my music, and if not, then at least you'll understand in your heart where I was coming from and you'll understand.

Dream collaboration?
I feel like this is cliche, but Kanye lol If not, then Lupe or Eminem so I can try to outrap them ha

If you had to do a project with just one producer who would it be?
DJ Khalil or Nujabes (R.I.P.)

Earliest music memory the one that inspired you to become a musican?
Burning Nellyville and The Eminem Show haha First 2 rap albums I had ever gave a shit about. As far as me rapping, I would say my earliest music memory was doing poetry for fun when I was in 3rd or 4th grade. I used to do them for shits and gigs just to prove I was good at it, but then it got fun haha

Whats the difference between Feng Shui and Impulse your next project?
The biggest difference between them can be measured sonically. Some of Feng Shui was supposed to be for the original Impulse, but the emotion will still be there. The beats will be COMPLETELY different from that relaxed, "homework music" vibe to it. Not to say it won't have its chill moments, but the beats and the rhymes are gonna compete for your attention with the stuff going on. Just wait.

What can we expect from CJ The Genesis in 2011 and beyond?
More videos, more shows, more beats, and you'll probably see me a lot more. I'm pretty confident when I say that I think Impulse is gonna be what takes me to the next level. Just gotta put it out now...


More videos, more shows, more beats, and you'll probably see me a lot more. I'm pretty confident when I say that I think Impulse is gonna be whaWords that rhyme with orange other then foreign?
Corbin, storin', Lauren, pourin', sdalkjf;lkdsjoringe

You're dropped off on a island and you can take 3 things what do you take?
Some Arizona, a DS with Pokemon on it, and a phone so I can get the fuck off of this island soon

Where can we learn more about CJ The Genesis?

0 whats buzzing?:

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More