5/16/2011

Give The Blogger Some Spotlight - YP


Here's the Fourth installment to the Give The Blogger Some Spolight. This one features YP Chicago native, with a great sound. His song Bounce off of his first project is featured on Give The Blogger some.

What's your story?
I'm YP from the eastside of Chicago. I'm 25. The readers need to know where I'm from it's very real. The crimes and epidemics we experience here aren't fabricated. Each and every one of us have seen what it has to offer and I relate that in my music.

What's are your two biggest influences musically and just in general?
My biggest influences always start with my family and the struggle we had to go through. I always use that and my environment as motivation to keep doing what I'm doing. Of course I listened to the "Greats" of HipHop and they heavily influenced me with what I do now.

If you had to describe yourself as a musician to someone how would you?
Very emotional and relatable.

Dream collaboration?
My dream collab would be to do a joint with Jadakiss and have Marsha Ambrosious on the hook. I think she would kill it.

If you had to do a project with just one producer who would it be?
No ID without a doubt. I really respect his contribution to the game over the years and he has HEAT. It's Chicago MAYNE.

Earliest music memory the one that inspired you to become a musican?
Well I didn't pick up a pen until 2007 but I remember listening to a lot of street music during that time period. It may have triggered me to start writing and recording.

Was the response to no sleep what you expected and what knowledge did you gain through that whole process?
It wasn't expected really. I wanted to put something out for the masses to get familiar with the name. The day it dropped I knew it was big when my mom called me and asked why she didn't have a copy. I didn't tell her it was coming out though. She heard it from a friend of hers. It was crazy joe. I learned a lot though. I learned that it's best to have a plan in place for a project and stick to it. I had a couple videos that dropped right before the project that gave it a little bit of steam so when the day came some people were expecting it. That was a great deal of satisfaction. For me, that was accomplishing a small goal.

What can we expect from YP in 2011 and beyond?
Well I'm working and about 70% done with my next project titled "Smoke N Mirrors: The Reflection Of A Hustler." I plan on dropping that this summer. It's sounding real nice. Everything has been stepped up a notch. I'm just gonna be everywhere fam. I'm gonna be on a couple rapper's records real soon. I'm just planning to heat everything up and stay in everyone's sight and conversations.

Favorite experience as a musician in your career so far?
My favorite experience was going to SXSW this year in Austin, TX and I had a random fan walk up to me and say "YP I really love what you do." I didn't ask them to say that so for him to feel that way and make a point to say it to me spoke volumes for what I'm doing. It was motivation.

You're dropped off on a island and you can take 3 things what do you take?
I need a 60 box of blunts, some of Cali's finest and a beat CD

Where can we learn more about YP?
Make sure ya'll follow me on Twitter.com/@YP27 and go to YP27.com

0 whats buzzing?:

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More