5/17/2011

Give The Blogger Some Spotlight - Grande Marshall

DSC_8645
Download - Blame Game

What's your story?
I'm GrandeMarshall, North Philly native currently living in Maryland, moving to New York for school. I guess anything someone needs to know (and as cliche as it may sound) I'm not the average run of the mill musician with a blog and whatever I do I put a lot time and effort into. I make sure that people get the full view of everything they'll see and/or hear from me. You never know when someone may first be introduced to your work so make sure it's pretty damn good.

What's are your two biggest influences musically and just in general?
Musically it'd probably be Ghostface Killah, Pimp C (UGK on a greater scale) and Nas. I grew up listening to a lot of soul hip-hop granted my pops used to DJ on the side so we always had records and what not. And the more I became familiar with artists, those were the two I always could point out and would always run to when I played music. Their beats having heavy samples and them also singing on a lot of their work, it all seemed to tie together somehow.

If you had to describe yourself as a musician to someone how would you?
I'm not the typical under 18/under 21 emcee. You won't hear a "snap your fingers & do your step" type of track from me. I always get told I sound like I'm 30 something, so I guess I'd say I don't sound like it either. My content is a bit more seasoned than most. If you're looking for a popstar listen to the heads on the radio.

Dream collaboration?
Dipset hands down. Cam, Juelz and Vado on a track would be a dream come true to be honest. Or a Ghostface and Rae joint.

If you had to do a project with just one producer who would it be?
The Alchemist or Ski Beatz.

Earliest music memory the one that inspired you to become a musican?
Ah man, I saw Freeway, Beans and Jadakiss perform at Temple back during Philly All-Star weekend (way before the beef) and seeing cats from Philly, especially Freeway being from North Philly, perform (and me being young, Owl Arena is a pretty big deal) I was like, "Yeah, that's gon' be me."

What can we expect from Grande Marshall in 2011 and beyond?
I'm doing shows this summer and into the fall. In-store performances. Inaugural|Season taking off and releasing merchandise. I've got a lot planned.

you get a chance to walk around as some one (living or dead) for one day who is it and why?
Probably Anthony Casso or Donnie Brasco. A lot of cats want to be mobsters nowadays and what not, but I would actually want to see that. Donnie Brasco, he was an undercover who was deep into that lifestyle and he had to keep his composure and everything. That's ill to me. Granted he got Lucky Lefty killed, but hey, that's the way it goes.

You're dropped off on a island and you can take 3 things what do you take?
My camera. A moleskine to jot down my thoughts. And a fully charged iPod to get me through at least a day and a half.

Words that rhyme with orange (other then foreign)?
Door hinge. Whore's binge.

Where can we learn more about Grande Marshall?

I'm on Facebook too. Just search "Xavier Marshall-Booker".

0 whats buzzing?:

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More