5/14/2011

Give The Blogger Some Spotlight - Qualmes


What's your story?
Qualmes,on the tail end of 23,Los Angeles(Pasadena to be exact) I like my drink aged and my women the same…I love to indulge in rigorous sexually activities with yellowbone goddesses LOL…Flat out I like to make good music and do normal shit…crash a few Bentleys…pee in a few porsches…you know that shit any nigga like to do…Only place Im serious at is in the studio outside of there everything else is usually a joke to me(unless my bank statement is saying I either owe or I have no funds in my account…see then we have a problem) Im addicted to carne asada tacos with red sauce(that good shit that makes you have 6th grade volcano project diarrhea)…I spell like Im 12 cause I don't give a fuck about our or are's,to and too,through and threw all that shit can lick musty monkey nutsack…And as you can see I have a very vivid imagination

What's are your two biggest influences musically and just in general?
My biggest influence in music if it comes down to one artist would be Michael Jackson…What he did for music as far as genres,style,etc will never be matched again…I cant sit and listen to some of his songs and be like damn yo no one will ever write a single like this again…he truly is the definition of an artist…from image to writing the man had everything down pat and it wasn't like he was an ok writer dude was a monster…number one after number one after number one…aside from that his style was before his time and the mans business game I mean all I gotta say is "Beatles" and you know the man didn't play when it came to money

Outside of music my biggest influence is fashion…from high end brands to streetwear…Not even speaking on the clothing aspic in terms of fashion Im really influenced by the whole sneaker culture…Im a heavy Air Jordan enthusiast…Ive been addicted to Mikes since I was a youngin…All the different styles and color ways not just jordans but nikes in general have/had just amaze me because the creativity is off the charts…Your shoes make or break your fit and can also throw a basic fit up a few notices depending on your choice of footwearer…You can get a lot of attention on the fact you have a rare or older colorway in a sneaker on

If you had to describe yourself as a musician to someone how would you?
Suave ladies man..I can talk my way into the Virgin Mary's draws*preys for forgiveness* *then gets randomly run over after picking up mini ballon condoms*

Dream collaboration?
Sade on a Quincy Jones beat

If you had to do a project with just one producer who would it be?
Timbo…when dudes in the zone he's a MONSTER…don't let these Timbo Thursdays fool you…when he wants to get on some stupid shit he will

Earliest music memory the one that inspired you to become a musican?
Riding in the car with my pops(very rare occasion cause that nigga is a fucking choad) listening to 2-Pacs 2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted and reciting every line word for word on point

What can we expect from Qualmes in 2011 and beyond?
Way more collabos…I think thats whats been holding me back…you can only get so far doing the work by yourself and only reach so many fans…If your in the mix with everybody then everybody gets to see you/hear your music all the time…thats the one big key mistake Ive made the past few years…not reaching out more and just being around those with the same goals as me

Favorite experience as a musician in your career so far?
Def going to SXSW this past March…That experience was crazy…Ive never been around so many people with the same passion as me at once…great all around eye opener

You're dropped off on a island and you can take 3 things what do you take?
Laptop,bottle of henny and a dog house to sleep in

A chick with no legs or a Chick with no arms you have to take one on a date which one do you take ?
The girl with no legs…the reason because a.I wanna see the different type of ways she can hop into the car,chair,etc b.how she can hang off me while giving me head

Where can we learn more about Qualmes?
For all things Qualmes you can visit

0 whats buzzing?:

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More